Simple and easy ways to de-stress as a mom.
Life as a mom whether you have one or five is hard, right momas?
We should NOT get to the point where we are pulling out our hair or wanting to run away, even if it is only for 5 minutes.
It is so important that we take the time to relax and take a deep breath. We are too important to our children and to our families to be stressed out.
As you continue to read, I describe 5 ways I personally de-stress from the everyday stressors of being a mom!
All these ways are simple, inexpensive, and fun! So read on ladies and get your relax on!
1. Go Outside Even if you’re not an outdoorsy type of person, going outside is an excellent way to de-stress. Getting fresh air is a great way to clear your mind! Enjoy the sunshine or maybe even the cold! Being in the cold will surely awaken your senses and clear your mind or soak in some sunshine and get some Vitamin D! I like to go outside and plant flowers or garden if I am stressed (if I have the time that is). I find it de-stresses me and I get something accomplished! It is a win win for me! If you’re not into all that, stepping outside and taking some deep breaths of fresh air will surely de-stress you.
2. Relax With Aromatherapy Alright mommas, this is my personal FAVORITE! I love aromatherapy! Aromatherapy will not only make your space smell excellent (if you diffuse) but it is a great natural and holistic way to de-stress.There are many different types of ways to use aromatherapy. Check out these 3 ways:
1. Diffuse I love to diffuse. I currently own two diffusers. I have one in my room and one in my living room. I always use my diffusers right before I go to sleep and leave it on while I sleep. It de-stresses me and I am able to go to sleep relaxed. I use the one in my living room (that is where I spend most of my time during the day) throughout the days that I am really stressed. 2. Massage Oil Massage oil is great to apply a small amount before you go to bed. It is also great for your spouse to use to give you a massage at the end of a stressful day. I am sure all you mammas deserve a nice relaxing massage from your partner. 3.Roll It On You are able to find some great relaxful scents that are available in a roller. I like to roll it on my wrists and a little on my neck. I love this option because as you are busy chasing the kids around the house you can smell your favorite aromatherapy scent! There are scents that are known to de-stress you.
These are my personal go to scents and why they are my favorite:
❖ Lavender-is known for relaxation, calm anxiety, and used for depression. This is my number one favorite for when I am de-stressed. ❖ Peppermint-I use for relaxing when I have a headache. I feel that it helps soothe my headache and relax me. ❖ Clary Scent- is a nice scent for relaxing! It is not that common but I know a few other mommas that use this scent for relaxing. ❖ Lemon- is a great scent! It is fresh and clean! It can help awaken your senses and clear your mind. Great for de-stressing!
3. Rely on Friends or Family Call your friends or family to vent to them about your day. Trust me they won’t mind listening to you while you de-stress and immediately clear your mind. But maybe you need to get out of the house? Call a babysitter! Grab a meal, coffee, or even a drink with your friends or family.
4. Blast Music Music is known to be used to de-stress. Better yet dancewhile you blast your music. Play your favorite jams or maybe some head banging music! Let it alllll out mama!!
5. Do Something For YOU FInally, do something for YOU. Ladies let's admit it, we do not do enough for yourselves. Our kids and our husbands come first majority of the time. I know we love them but sometimes we need to put ourselves first. Whether it’s simply going to grab a coffee alone, getting a mani pedi, or going to a spa.
Whatever doing something for yourself is DO IT! I promise you it will help you de-stress and you might even get to pamper yourself! In the end, ladies, we need to de-stress. So whatever way you choose to de-stress DO IT! These are some of my favorite ways to de-stress and I hope you mommas de-stress and relax!